It's not vanity. Seriously, it's not.

by - 8:47 PM


I have a different kind of post for you guys today. I've been thinking, you see, and since I do quite a lot of it, I managed to actually get somewhere.

I had a short day at University today. So after a lesson of 'Tool-kit For Thinking Out Of The Box' I decided to treat myself to a shopping spree and spend every single shiny euro. It didn't really end up to that but I did spend the majority of what I had. I would say I feel guilty, but I don't.

I feel I have to say this; it was a special day. It was a special day because for the past few days I've been pin-pointing shopping and spending habits I have that are rather annoying. For one thing, it's incredible how much I skimp on bottoms; ie. trousers, skirts and shorts. The second and most annoying is that I tend to be scared of buying things for fear of spending the little money I have. The thing is, I bloody spend it on food, drinks and useless stuff then. *disbelieving* *ugh*.

So today I feel like I've launched a personal project. One that's all about spending my money on things that really matter. Specifically, on building a wardrobe of quality items. These are to me the equivalent of quality art paints. Dressing up is an art. It's not vanity. Seriously it's not. 

Take it like this: Would have Van Gogh been able to create his masterpieces without paint and canvas? No. So we need clothes. We need bags and scarves and shoes. It's our creative side which compels us to translate this artistic streak through what we wear. With that being said, I feel completely justified for not feeling guilty at spending my money on clothes.

Also, in spirit of Van Gogh and Fashion:

pictures from here


You May Also Like

0 comments