Valentino Couture SS13

by - 9:29 AM



Thanks to the Dazed and Confused Facebook pictures, in my near complete hibernation during the exam period I got to see some snaps of the Valentino Couture SS13. They're all backstage photos and that's one of the things I like best about these photos, they have more character. On the catwalk, it's all about the clothes, with good reason, but backstage, you get to see a bit of the people characterising the clothes too.



 I love Valentino because the clothes always have that ethereal beauty to them, at least to me. I was obsessed with drawing and painting fairies when I was younger so this takes me back to that. The collection seems to be characterized by two element types. There's the almost strict, geometric lines that twirl into classy looking swirls that remind me a bit of long twirling leaves and flowers. Like the white on white embossed numbers or the sheer and black lining over white underlays. I love these pieces because they have structure despite the flowery feel.  

The other type is the embroidered flowery mesh kind of thing. The flowing, abstract kind like the photo below. These numbers are less strict, more flouncy, light and airy. 

As Dazed and Confused wrote in this article, this collection is one of those which seems to translate "the beauty of the outdoors", indoors. 

       

       

Tina x

You May Also Like

0 comments